Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Part II

So, as you all know, I spoke with the guy Saturday afternoon. Before I talk about our conversation, I'll give you a little more background on him.

As you know, when I met him, he was going to school in Maryland. His major was Molecular Engineering. He had aspirations of being in the Secret Service and was very conservative. When I spoke to him a year and a half later, he had moved to Colorado and was still going to school but he had changed his major to Geology. The last time I talked to him he had taken up snowboarding and he really enjoyed it. Now, on to the conversation from Saturday...

When he answered the phone I said, "Hey, this is Single Girl." His answer to me was "Uh-uh!"

He did not sound like the same person. He uses words like rad and sick and stoked. It cracked me up. Here is an excerpt from our first conversation...

Single Girl: So, you have a little boy now, huh?
the guy: Yea, he's SICK!!!
Single Girl: Aw, what's wrong with him?
the guy: No, I mean he's AWESOME!!!

You get my drift.

Anyway, he told me that he quit calling me because he thought the ex and I were getting married. We talked about all the things that have gone on in our lives up to this point. He told me that the invitation was still there to come to Colorado. He actually told me that he wanted to teach me to snowboard. I told him that I didn't know if that was such a great idea, seeing that gravity and I don't get along too well. (If you don't believe me, go back and read the True Colors post.) All we kept saying was how good it was to talk to each other again. Even though he speaks differently, I can tell that he is the same person that I went out with so many years ago. We spoke again on Sunday evening and he said that I should come to Colorado again and I told him that he should come to Houston. He said, "If I come to Houston, I would melt." I assured him that he wouldn't and that he was here for a whole summer and he was just fine, one weekend wouldn't kill him. He replied, "Hell yea, I'll come to Houston. I'm going to Houston, I'm STOKED." So, I guess that's a good thing. He emailed me this morning and said that he was sorry he had not had a chance to call me back, he is going out of town this weekend but when he gets back he is going to look into flights to Houston next month. So, it seems I will have a visitor in about a month...I'M STOKED!!!

Until next time...

Single Girl

P.S. Don't think I'm getting my hopes up that something will come of this. He lives there and I live here. At least I'll have someone to visit in Colorado. Oh, and one other thing, his name is Spicoli.

3 comments:

Rice Spice said...

How RAD! I think you have a great attitude with not expecting too much with the distance, but just seeing what happens. Who knows, right?

Where in Colorado is he? I'm planning on going to Denver next month to do some white water rafting. I hear Colorado is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

YUP, COLORADO IS SICK!! (AS IN AWESOME) I'VE BEEN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES, WINTER AND SUMMER. LOVED IT BOTH SEASONS. DENVER IS NICE, BUT ESTES PARK AND FT. COLLINS. ARE TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!!!

ESTES PARE: STAYED AT THE STANLEY (THE SHINING) HOTEL. I SWEAR THAT PLACE IS HAUNTED. THE BASEMENT IS FULL OF STUFF FROM THE MOVIE. PLUS SHOPPING IS THE BOMB. ALL KINDS OF CRAPPY LITTLE STORES LINE A COUPLE OF THE STREETS THERE. IT'S A NICE LITTLE TOWN UP IN THE MOUNTAINS. ALSO, DRIVING THERE THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS IS RAD!!

FT COLLINS: COLLEGE TOWN. YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE THE YOUNG ONES!! PLUS MICRO-BREWERIES OUT THE ASS!! THE JALAPENO BEER IS SAID TO BE A GREAT "BREAKFAST" BREW!! LET US NOT FORGET ALL THOSE GORGEOUS MOUNTAINS. AND DID I MENTION IT IS A GREAT TOWN FOR (YOUNG MEN) PEOPLE WATCHING??

ENOUGH! I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!

SINGLE GIRL'S MOM

Amanda said...

He actually lives in the Loveland Ski Resort area??? (maybe)

He told me that when I go up there, I will never want to come back to Houston, but I was told that same thing when I visited a friend in Phoenix. Who knows.