Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'd like to introduce you to...


The newest member of my family.

This, my internet buddies, is Rogen. Isn't he just about the cutest thing you've ever seen? I adopted him from The City of Baytown Animal Shelter and he came home with me last night.
I will tell you how Rogen and I met...

The Friday after Christmas, I was at Terra & Lyndon's house and mentioned that I was thinking of getting a dog, and I would only get one from a shelter. Lyndon told me they adopted several dogs from the Baytown shelter and never had any problems with any of them. After about 30 minutes of persuading, I agreed to let them drive me out to that shelter to just LOOK at the dogs.

We arrived there around 2:30 and as soon as we walked into the room with the kennels all the dogs started barking, Lyndon told me to come look at this one dog that was just standing there quietly, wagging his tail...Rogen.
As soon as we opened the door to let him out of his kennel he walked straight over to me, so I bent down and he rested his head on my leg. That was it, I was in love. Lyndon went to talk to the officers and found out that Rogen was a pick up and not a surrender, so I would have to wait until Tuesday to get him.

Since I had to work yesterday, Lyndon got to the shelter at 10am (the shelter opens at noon, but it's first come, first serve.) and it was a good thing he got there so early...one lady showed up at 11am and another couple showed up at 11:30am, and they all wanted the same dog.
Once I got off work, I went and picked Rogen up, went to Petsmart for a collar, leash, food, toys, etc...
So, now I am a proud dog owner. Oh, and here are a couple more pictures of my new pooch...


Until next time...
Mandy
and yes, he is named after Seth Rogen. Look at him, he has a lot of curly hair and seriously has the temperament of a stoner.

4 comments:

d.g. said...

I never imagined you as a dog-person, but OH, HOW FREAKIN' CUTE! Yay! =)

Princess Pixybell said...

OMG he is sweet as a nut! congratulations on your new member of the family. xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy-I just wanted to tell you that your picture is so cute!! Your hair was so long!

Janet said...

Awww...what a sweet doggie! And yay for you adopting a shelter dog.