Friday, December 5, 2008

Hail Alma Mater...

Well, it seems like Channelview is in the news every couple of years. It's either, tornadoes, pom pom moms, kids making hit lists, police officers doing naughty things with underage girls in their squad cars and now...

this.

Channelview assistant coach suspended after pot charge
By BRIAN ROGERSCopyright 2008 Houston Chronicle


An assistant football coach at Channelview High School was suspended Thursday after being arrested on a charge that he was growing marijuana at his home.

Brandon Jennings, 30, was suspended from coaching and teaching physical education pending the outcome of the police investigation, said Stephanie Schraeder, a school district spokeswoman.
A Texas A&M standout, Jennings played cornerback for the Oakland Raiders from 2000 to 2003.


Prosecutor Kristin Guiney said Harris County sheriff's deputies were searching for a robbery suspect in Jennings' neighborhood, when they noticed potted marijuana plants near his house.
Jennings consented to a search, where more plants were found, Guiney said.
Jennings is accused of the state jail felony of possession of marijuana of more than four ounces and less than five pounds. Jennings also is accused of tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony, because authorities say he tried to flush some of the marijuana down the toilet, according to court documents.


Free on $7,000 bond, Jennings is expected to be in state District Judge Jim Wallace's court Friday.

My boss called me in his office this morning and started laughing and read this story to me. To top it all off...

THIS IS THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR'S SON!!!

I knew this guy in high school and I remember him being a really nice guy. But, I guess it could be worse...I assume growing the ganja is better than doing the things that police officer I mentioned at the beginning of this post did. I went to school with him too and his dad was a member of the school board.

My hometown makes me SOOOO proud.

Until next time...

Mandy

3 comments:

d.g. said...

/Sigh.

I really don't know what else to say. Channelview has certainly gone to hell in a handbasket or whatever ... oy.

Do what I do ... just be very vague and say you're from "Houston." =)

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Haha! I think I know him. We knew him, right? Haha! I love it!

Rice Spice said...

That's so sad! :( I loved BJ (aka Booty Juice as I used to call him). He had a lot of potential. Went on to play for the San Diego Chargers after college even though I think he warmed the bench for the most part. Then he got picked up by the Houston Texans and warmed the bench there for a season before they dropped him. I guess that's why he went back to CV to coach... what a depressing after school special.