Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Icon is Gone.

I heard on the news this morning that Bettie Page passed away at the age of 85. As some of you might know, she was my favorite of all the pinups from the 50's. Very rarely does a celebrity's death effect me, but when I heard the news this morning, it felt like I had just heard that someone I knew was gone.

Bettie Page was a cult icon...you either loved her and thought she was beautiful or you had no idea who she was. (When I told my boss, he said, "Who?") I assume the Bettie Page fans have different reasons for their adoration of her. Mine is because she made cute look sexy, she wasn't afraid to use her sexuality in a time when women where supposed to be very prim and proper, and THE BANGS!!!

So, I thought I would post some pictures of Ms. Page for your viewing pleasure...

betty paige1 Pictures, Images and Photos

Bettie Page Pictures, Images and Photos

bettie Pictures, Images and Photos

bettie Pictures, Images and Photos

Bettie Page Pictures, Images and Photos

Bettie Page Pictures, Images and Photos

Bettie Page Pictures, Images and Photos

Bettie Page 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

b&w bettie Pictures, Images and Photos
R.I.P. Bettie Page.

Until next time...

Mandy

0 comments: