Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Worst Case Scenario Girl

I tend to be a very high-strung individual.
For example: I talked to my Paw Paw today and asked him how his knee was feeling, he said it was getting better little by little, then he said that he had to go to a doctor because when his physical therapist took his vitals she said that she detected a "skip" in his heartbeat. (Or something like that.) So, he went to have an EKG and was going to the doctor today to find out what the test shows. After I hung up with him, I immediately called The Mother and asked her if she knew about the EKG. As I was choking back tears, she told me that she didn't tell me about it, because, "You know how you get, I didn't want you to worry until we find out if we have something to worry about." I"m sure I'm not the only person that does this, but seriously, I don't think I've met anyone who worries as much as I do. Why do I do this. I often say my super hero name would be "Worst Case Scenario Girl." As soon as Paw Paw told me this information, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was about to have open heart surger, complete with pace-maker, stint, etc... And that's just one example. When I'm driving home, if there is a wreck Idon't slow down to look to see what's going on, no, I slow down because I just know that someone I know has been ejected from the vehicle and is laying on the side of the road. I'm a freak.

I'm going to do my best to be more mellow and let things roll off my back. I think I'm going to look into aromatherapy, maybe that will help.

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

Rice Spice said...

It's hard not to be a worry-wart if that is your nature. But it's good that you are trying to not be so worrisome. Being stressed out about things is soooo not good for one's health (i.e., blood pressure, heart, etc). I'm guilty of pretending things don't exist and just writing them off. Not good when it's time to face reality.