Monday, February 18, 2008

Adults behaving like children

Friday night, I went to The Mother's house. We ordered pizza and watched a little bit of television, then The Sister made the suggestion that we hook up the Dance Dance Revolution mat. Oh dear God! I LOVE THIS GAME!!! The Sister, Thing 2 & I played for two hours, and let me tell you, when I got home not only was I pooped, my legs felt like jello. This game is way more fun than Guitar Hero. By the end of the night, I was dominating!!! I was throwing in ass shakes and hand movements. (There was only one time that the Wii remote flew out of my hand and nearly took out the television, The Mother and The Sister insisted that I wear the wrist strap after that.)

Saturday morning, the three of us decided to do some shopping. The Sister and I made fun of The Mother for most of the day. (It was all in good fun.) After our shopping, we decided to go to a Vietnamese restaurant and we all three had the "Rock and Roll Tofu." It's a very spicey tofu dish that is served with Vermacelli noodles. Anyway, let me first explain to you that I have a very distinctive laugh. It's a cross between a heartfelt chuckle and a cackle and very LOUD! So, bless The Mother's heart, she got a jalapeno seed stuck in her throat and started coughing. The waiter brought her a glass of hot water that seemed to do the trick. Afterwards, she was explaining to us where the seed was stuck and she pointed to the side of her neck and said, "It was stuck right there..." and The Sister looked at her and as serious as she could be said, "What, in your waddle?" (For those of you that watched Ally McBeal you know what waddle is.) Anyway, that was it, I started laughing. I was laughing so hard that the sound of my laughter was echoing off the walls. At one point The Mother told me to stick a napkin in my mouth to muffle the sound. That got me giggling even harder.

I love spending time with these two. Which is really surprising since The Sister & I couldn't even be in the same room together when we were growing up.

Until next time...

Single Girl

4 comments:

sublimenigma said...

Waddle! Bwahahaha!
I was laughing out loud at my desk. That's hilarious.
Thank you. :)

Rice Spice said...

It's always great to spend time with your family. It's funny how growing up makes all the difference in becoming closer to your siblings.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

I do believe this sounds like a night at the Denny's! Well, without the jalapeno seed!

Anonymous said...

I made the suggestion??? As I recall, your intent for visiting that night was specifically for my Dance Dance Revolution. Maybe we both have selective memory.
The Sister
... Hey, can't I have a cooler name, like emo princess or something???