Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The first one is out of the way...

Well, as you all know...I had my first date from the personals. He seems to be a very nice man, but there was NO connection! It was very awkward. I was sitting there talking and he was looking at me, I mean he would add things here and there, but that was it. Well, I guess at least I got the first one out of the way. I forgot how weird it was sitting across the table from a complete stranger. You have your stories that are 1st date appropriate and they have theirs. It all seems very forced. I don't know if he is just shy or nervous or what, but the conversation was so mundane I would hate to bore you with the details. And the scary part is...what if he thought it went well? I have to be around people that make me laugh, and BMW did not even come close. I mean seriously, I have gone out with guys that people would wonder what I was thinking, but they all had one thing in common...they all made me laugh. I did do the appropriate, southern thing and sent an email thanking him for dinner.

Anyway, I have been emailing back and forth with one guy. His emails actually make me laugh out loud. He is suppoed to call me sometime this week. So, lets all hope he's as funny talking as he is typing.

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

First thing's first...congrats on getting your first one out of the way! Even though it didn't go exactly the way you wanted it, you were brave enough to do what most people don't and that is to at least give it a try.

When I was single, I never had the cajones to go on a blind date. I think it was because I hated dating in general, so the thought of blind dates bordered on torture for me...lol.

Now I will live vicariously through your dating on this blog now that I'm back to being a one-man woman again...

d.g. said...

God, I'm such a slow poke. I just got around to reading your blog, and it's already Thursday. Sorry, this stupid job search is eating my brain ...

I agree with Jacky: congrats on getting the first one out of the way, though it was awkward, and I'm sorry for that. At least you got a feel for how it can be when going out with someone you don't know. You will be better prepared in case this happens again, though I certainly hope it doesn't. Maybe he WAS just shy ... so many people express themselves better via the written word than in person, so perhaps that was the case. No matter, it's out of the way, and I'm sure it will get better. The world isn't completely full of people with the personality of a wet napkin, and I'm sure you'll find some better guys than Mister Duh. :)