Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 1 of 30

Last week I posted that I was challenging myself to workout for at least 30 minutes a day for 30 days.

Saturday, I was out with Latischia looking at Bridesmaid dresses and tasting cakes. I told her about my quest for fitness and that is when she told me that she had been doing this workout video by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser, called The Thirty Day Shred. I thought to myself, that sounds perfect! The only problem, the video is only 20 minutes with a two minute warm up and two minute cool down. I thought to myself, "Fuck it, it's my challenge...if I want to change it a bit, it's totally fine." So, my challenge now is to complete 30 days of level one of The Thirty Day Shred.

Last night I went and bought a scale for my home and the video.

When I got home this evening I stepped on the scale and I think I heard it go AHHHHHH! Then I took my measurements

Weight: A LOT!
Bust: Pretty Big
Waist: Not small, although smaller than my waist and hips.
Thigh: Roughly the size of a tree trunk.
Hips: GIGUNDO!

I popped the DVD in and started my first workout. All I have to say is, Jillian Michaels is Evil! My legs are a little shaky, my arms feel like noodles, and who knew that I had abdominal muscles.

Day 1 down, 29 more days to go.

Until next time...

Mandy

3 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

Hope you have fun, lately I have lapsed on my exercising these fookin infections don't help my motivation. Its great that your having a go!!! keep up the good work xx

Anonymous said...

That sounds like just what I'm looking for ~ thanks and good luck!

Janet said...

I hope you live to tell about it! I've heard that it's really tough.