Monday, November 19, 2007

What the hell do they do up there???

I live in an apartment, and I have this fear that the people that live above me are going to come crashing through the ceiling and land on me. Seriously, I don't know if they are training for a marathon up there, if they are olympic weightlifters, or if they are hiding a miniature horse. At night I lay in bed and look at the ceiling, and I always say the same thing, "What are they doing up there?" They have to realize they are loud, right? I really don't want to be one of those annoying people that bangs on the ceiling to let them know they are being too loud and I really don't want to call the office so I guess I will live with the constant pounding, running, dropping what sounds like anvels on the floor. I think they might have kids, and I'm sorry, but if you have small children I think you should request a bottom apartment. It's just common courtesy. If I had small children or a large dog (I'm not comparing children to a dog, just both make lots of noise.) I would request that I be in a bottom apartment. I really hope their floors are strong, my ceiling is solid and/or a combination of the two.

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rice Spice said...

It could be that your apartment is set up where you can hear EVERYTHING. I had an upstairs apartment once and lived by myself. I was rarely home and (as you know) I don't have the body stature to thud around with too much noise. I had the leasing office send me several notices about noise and I kept thinking WTF are they talking about???? It wasn't until they got a complaint that they could hear me flushing the toilet almost every night in the middle of the night that we determined that the walls/floors just resonated basic everyday sounds to the apartment below. That's why I started making it a point to always live on the highest floor of a complex so that I would never have to listen to people clammering above me. Hope that your upstairs move out soon so you can get some peace! ;)