Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

I hope everyone is having a more eventful Memorial Day than I am. The weather is poo!!!

So, before I start my story about last night, I have to explain one of my rules...If I am talking to a gentleman, I will call him twice and then after that second call it's up to him. I like to think this shows some sort of pride and dignity on my part. I don't want to be known as the girl that can't take a hint.

So, with that being said...

I spoke to Vegan on Thursday early in the evening, and he told me to call him when I got home. So, when I got home I phoned him and there was no answer. I knew that he had to go to a wedding Friday evening, so I called Friday around lunchish...no answer. Vegan knows about my calling rule, so I did not attempt contact again. Sunday morning, I was on the computer and got an instant message from none other than Vegan that started out..."Hey, what's up sweetie pie?" We IMed back and forth for a little bit and asked what I was doing that afternoon. I explained that I had to go to a BBQ at my uncle's house and he told me to call him when I was done. I responded with, "Nope, I called twice...it's your turn." He said that he had contacted me so that should count. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. So, when we were about to leave my uncle's house I called and he asked me to come over. So, I go over there and he hugged and kissed me and told me that he had missed me since he had not seen me in a week. Me being the cynic, said, "Well, you didn't miss me too much you never returned my phone calls." He laughed and said that he was feeling "anti-social" on Saturday. Ok, whatever. So, we hung out at his house and watched tv then we watched Pan's Labrynth. (Really good movie!) Anyway, the whole time I'm there he's hugging me and kissing me. I was getting something out of the refrigerator and he put his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. Then, while we were watching the movie, I was sitting on the floor in front of him and the whole time he was rubbing my neck, playing with my hair, holding my hand, etc... So, it was really late when the movie was over and he asked me to just stay there so I wouldn't have to drive home in the middle of the night. So, we are laying in bed and he has one of his long legs thrown over me and both arms wrapped around me he says, "I'm a really bad boyfriend, a great friend, but a bad boyfriend." Ok, I don't know where that came from, since I have not mentioned being an exclusive couple. So I told him, "Did I say anything about you being my boyfriend?" And he basically goes on and on about how he doesn't want a relationship blah, blah, blah all the while he still is wrapped around me and kissing my head. What is that about? So, needless to say, I'm a little confuesed. I'm starting to do that thing that single girls the world over do....I'm over-analyzing. If what he says is true, then he's really not that interested in me, but if I go by his actions, then that would tell me that he is interested in me. Maybe he's just a weirdo, that wouldn't surprise me since he contacted me. It's like I told Doodlebug earlier today..."I'm like a beacon in the night for weirdos. It's like I have a fog horn on my head that sounds out...
WEEEEEIIIIIIIR-DOOOOOO" (You must say it like a fog horn, it makes more sense that way.) I think I'm going to quit stressing about it, just let things happen. As I type this, I am thinking that is a lot easier said than done. Like I told Doodlebug earlier, I love dating...it's new, exciting and fun, but sometimes I envy those that are in relationships, they pretty much know where they stand with their significant other. Like I said, I love dating but I hate playing games. So, any of you reading this; if you have any comments or suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Until next time...

Single Girl

3 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

I have no words of wisdom, as I am the eternal thinker, I have the bags under my eyes to prove that!! I hope things workout, but I hate games too, I'm crap and never win. xx

Rice Spice said...

I say, take this relationship (or WHATEVER it is) for face value right now. It's too early to read too much into it. If he's not into having a relationship, and you are, then don't waste either of your time though. If you're ok with having a "man on the side" you can call whenever you get lonely in between other dates, then I say "WOOHOO". Why can't a woman have her cake and eat it, too? Although... you are listening to a woman who loved dating in an almost Sex and the City's Samantha kind of way prior to settling down with Baby...hehe.

d.g. said...

Men tend to play games. I have no clue why they do this, as it benefits no one, but still, they persist. They say one thing and do another, and make no kind of sense whatsoever. I think they may simply be "wired" this way. Men are freaks ...

I agree with Rice Spice ... take it for what it is for now, and see what happens, if you are so inclined. If not, then kick him to the curb now and be done with it ... or give it awhile and see if anything develops. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters!