Sunday, October 12, 2008

Phobias

Since the night that I thought my dishwasher was going to burn my apartment to the ground, I have developed an irrational fear of using that appliance. I have been handwashing everything, and you know what, it hasn't been that bad. Did you know that your dishes look prettier when you hand wash them? There are several people that think I'm strange and odd, I like to think it's just another one of my odd quirks that make me Mandy. I started wondering if there was a technical name for a fear of dishwashers or using the dishwasher, so I went to this site, and apparently I'm the only one with this particular phobia. I decided to list some of the phobias that I thought were very peculiar...



Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.

Anablephobia- Fear of looking up.

Anglophobia- Fear of England or English culture, etc.

Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity.

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

Aulophobia- Fear of flutes.

Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks.

Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.

Cathisophobia- Fear of sitting.

Chaetophobia- Fear of hair.

Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.

Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.



And these are just a few from the A - D section of this website. So see, I'm not that strange at all...Quirky, yes, strange, no.



Until next time...



Mandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you see anything about having a fear of touching your fingertips?

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Terra, you still can't do that? That's awesome!

Anyway, I don't think that fear of the Dutch is irrational. Have you met those people? Their wooden shoes and chocolate! Freaks!