Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm so full, I can't hear.

Oh my God! I just got done eating my weight in low mein, and I'm so full I think I might die. Why does Chinese food have to be so tasty? Whenever I eat Chinese food about half-way through I start to think, "I should really stop eating." But for some reason, I can't. I have to keep going until I'm totally miserable. Okay, moving on...

Memorial Day weekend was pretty good. Nothing overly exciting happened, but nothing horrible happened either. So, here's a recap.

Friday: Got off at 3p and decided that I was going to get my eyes tested. A week prior to this, I pulled one of my contacts out of the case and noticed it was ripped. Thank God I noticed it before I put it in my eyeball...have you ever stuck a ripped contact in your eye, it's not pleasant, I wouldn't recommend it. So, for a week I had been wearing my glasses that are about 4 years old. They have been sat on, stepped on, lost in my purse and one of the lenses has a tiny crack at the top. They are so bad that the eye doctor asked me, "Please take this persrciption and get new glasses." I want to first say, I HATE GOING TO GET MY EYES TESTED!!! The thing I hate the most is the puff of air in your eyeball! But, since I'm one step away from being legally blind, it's something I have to deal with. The eye doctor now has a new machine that I hate almost as much as the puff-of-air machine, I call it the camera-for-the-inside-of-your-eye machine. I think they can use this instead of dilating your eyes (which I hate more than the puff-of-air machine.) They take you in a dark room and tell you to put your face in this machine and look at the green dot and without any warning a bright light flashes in your eyeball, then they want to do the other one. And after that, you have to sit with your eyes shut for a minute. After the exam, the doctor shows me the picture of the inside of my eyeballs...he shows me my optic nerve and something else that I can't remember the name of and says, "Your eyes are very healthy!" I look at him and say, "Well, that's good to know since they don't work worth a crap!" That's when he told me that my eyes had gotten worse since the last time I was there, blah, blah, blah. I put in my contacts and I was in and out of there in less than an hour. I didn't do anything that night, I think we might have went to bed relatively early.



Saturday: I got up early and had some errands to run around 9am a customer called needing a drum of oil...on Saturday, Memorial Day Weekend. My boss was on his way to Lake Charles via boat, so guess who had to come to the office, you guessed it, ME. I forgot to mention that Saturday was Mom's birthday, so after we got the drum of oil delivered and everything at work was situated I went shopping for the best mom in the world's birthday gift. She will be closing on a house in the middle of June so I wanted to get her something for the new house that had something to do with mermaids. (She collects them.) I found the perfect gift! It was a mermaid door knocker for the front door. It is really cool, but not nearly as cool as what Phillip made her. He drew a mermaid and then painted it with water colors. It is absolutely beautiful. When I get batteries for my camera I will take a picture of it and post it. So, that night we went to our local bar for Mom's birthday and as a bonus my uncle's band was playing. Saturday was a good night!



Sunday: I got up early again and had every intention of going to church. The night before, mom drove to our apartment and we all three rode together to the bar and since mom had been drinking I told her she would not be driving anywhere, I didn't care if her apartment was half a block away. So, when I woke up mom was sitting on the couch watching TV, Phillip got up and cooked breakfast and I decided to skip church. I forgot to mention that Saturday night I got a message from my friend, Suzanne, asking me if I wanted to go to the ballet with her on Sunday. Of course I said I did. So, around 11 I started getting ready since I had to be at her house at 1p. I wore my favorite dress and I have a certain pair of cotton boy shorts that I always wear with it, you are probably wondering why I'm telling you about my panties, well when I put them on Sunday, they were too big! So, I thought that was exciting. Anyway, the shoes that I wear with this dress are a pair of red, patent-leather peep toe pumps and sadly, I haven't had a chance to get a pedicure lately so since I was running late I painted the big toenail on each foot, since that's the only toe that you can see in these shoes. So, now I'm walking around with one blue toenail on each foot. We went to the ballet and it was beautiful. It was the Three Classics and Five Tangos! All I can say was AMAZING!!! We went out to eat after that and then I went home. I drank wine with dinner then drank another glass when I got to the house. I had promised Phillip that I would watch all the Indiana Jones movies with him, since I haven't seen any of them, so we started watching Raiders of the Lost Arc and I fell asleep.

Monday: I did nothing all day long. I never even got dressed, I was in boxer shorts and a t-shirt all day and you know what...it was wonderful!

If you've made it this far in the post, congratulations, this one was not one of my best.

Until next time...

Amanda

2 comments:

d.g. said...

I read the whole damn thing! Now give me mah cookie! :P

sublimenigma said...

We get cookies! Sweet!