Sunday, May 4, 2008

I have a question...

When did pictures that look like this become obsolete?

Now they have been replaced with pictures that look like this.

This is my friend Casie and I making fun of all the teenage to mid-twenties that think throwing a deuce and scrunching your mouth to one side is the only way to look cool in a picture. Don't get me wrong, I have LOADS of pictures where I'm making funny faces, but it seems like every picture I see of someone 15-25 they are making this face.

When I choreographed the tap routine, I took the opportunity to ask what the hell the deal was...and this was the answer I got. It looks Gangsta! What the hell are you talking about, it looks gangsta? You are a 16 year old girl, you live in a suburb of Houston, you are wearing a Hollister hoodie with flip flops, and to top it all off you are sitting with a group of other 16 year old girls, who are all dressed like you, while y'all are on a field trip to see the Kilgore College Rangerettes. What about that scenario is Gangsta?

I would really like to slap them and say snap out of it, you look like an idiot and when the boys do it, they just look like straight up douche bags. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...The youth of today frightens me. And people wonder why I don't want kids.

Until next time...

Amanda

5 comments:

sublimenigma said...

You totally reminded me of this only I didn't want to dirty up your blog with it...so yeah.
Be careful when you click it, there's some inapproprate language and such.

Also, I'm glad to see you're back and that you had such a great time with the dance.

Amanda said...

That was HILARIOUS!!! Thank you so much!

Rice Spice said...

You are so right about that gangsta crap! WTF?!?! I don't understand kids today either. Wow...am I getting to be that bitchy old woman wondering what the heck is wrong with the kids of today? Scary...

d.g. said...

You are SO right! And the first time Emily makes that face, I'm going to slap it right off! And have much joy in doing so, woot!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

People do it here, too. And, I am sure you know how gangsta Austin is. Well, it is super. I mean, with those 16 murders last year, being the greenest city in America, and the incredible amount of acoustic guitars, you just can't believe how gangsta it is. Hell, if it were, it would be gangster. We aren't even ghetto hip enough for the sta!!