Monday, March 10, 2008

The birthday weekend that totally ROCKED!!!

OK, so...Saturday I turned sweet 32.

Friday night when Ginger arrived at my humble abode, he walked in the door with a vase filled with tulips. I asked him how he knew were my favorite and he said, "You said something about it a while back." I was shocked...it's a guy, that listens! So, I took the flowers from him and he picked up a box from the ledge outside that was wrapped...in Christmas paper. (I give him kudos for taking the time to wrap the present.) So, I opened the big box and there were little presents wrapped inside the big box. The first one I opened was a CD that I have been looking for...it's the new Horrorpops album. (It's awesome, I highly recommend it.) Then, I opened the next box, it was a very cool book called The Golden Age of Advertising - the 70's. It has all the print ads from 1970 - 1979 for things like cars, alcohol, tobacco, clothes, etc... It even has an add for a doll call Gay Bob, complete with closet. (I am on a mission to find a Gay Bob!) Anyway, the third thing I opened was a picture he drew for me.

The picture on the right is a photograph taken of me when I was 15 or 16, it's the only one I have of me en pointe. I collect ballerinas (pretty ones, not cutesy ones like pigs in tutus) I almost cried when I saw this. It is probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. So, after all the gifts were opened we went out for sushi. I'm so excited, I'm dating someone who likes sushi!

Saturday, we got up and went to The Mother's house and visited with them for a little bit, then we went to Casa de Doodle and hung out over there for a while. It was so sweet, all three of the little Doodles made me cards. That night we went to Mother of Three's and rode out to Henry Hudson's to meet Katy Dweller and PR girl to celebrate our birthdays. (In case you didn't know, Katy Dweller & I share a birthday.) We had such a good time, Ginger hit it off with my friends and there is even talk of Katy Dweller & PR Girl going to the cabin with us one weekend. Luckily, Mother of Three's husband drove out there because there was no way Ginger or I could have drove home. We spent the night at their house and the next day Mother of Three cooked lunch for us. If you don't know Mother of Three, you need to meet her. Not only is she a great cook, she takes EXCELLENT care of you when you are in a drunken/hungover stupor. I would like to say thank you to her for allowing us to sleep in her children's bunk bed. (This is the second time Ginger and I have slept on the bottom bed...once at Doodlebug's and now at Mother of Three. It's actually not bad, especially if it's the kind with the full size bed at the bottom.)


You would think my birthday stuff would stop there, but no...I got back from lunch today and checked the mail at work and found a yellow envelope that said attn: Single Girl. I was confused, I never get mail at work. When I opened it, this was inside...


It was from Ginger. Look at it, it looks like a card from a Hallmark store...but it's not. Ginger drew that. I wasn't lying when I said he was an amazing artist. Here is what the inside says...

Single Girl.

Any words I could come up with couldn't get across how much I love you. You are a beautiful, incredible person, who I can't believe I found. I only wish to make you as happy as you make me. You are with me all the time.

Love,

Ginger

I am the luckiest girl in the world. I am so glad that we found each other!!!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Wow! That is all I can say. How awesome for you! I am glad your birthday was so much fun. And, what a man you found! Ain't love great!

d.g. said...

Awwww, how freakin' sweet and utterly romantic that is! I am so happy for you!!!!