Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Have a New Friend!

I have a new friend and his name is Sam. We met back in February and have become besties! Seriously, I never thought I could become such good friends with a someone in such a short period of time. He is kind of the male equivalent of me when it comes to dating. We both attract the freaks of nature. The majority of our conversations revolve around the weirdos that are attracted to us. It feels good to finally be the one that gets to use the phrase, "Where do you find these people?"

To say that our friendship has been an eye-opening experience would be a bit of an understatement. I'll write more about that in a future post.

After talking to me for right at six months, he can finally understand the majority of the things that I say...At first, I had to repeat every other word because he couldn't understand me due to my thick southern accent, which I don't really get since he grew up in Georgia. (I don't think my accent is that bad, I don't hear any difference in the way we speak.) He is actually in the process of teaching me Hindi and I wish I had videoed or recorded some of our past lessons because the dialogue between the two of us is hilarious. I might have to do a re-enactment of the number portion of the lesson.

Probably one of the best things about having him as a friend is that I get the male perspective in the dating world. And, he's brutally honest which sometimes comes across as mean, but I know that he's only telling me these things to help me not hurt me.

Here are a couple of excerpts from some of out conversations...

Sam: So, did you talk to that guy?
Me: yeah, but he's only been separated from his wife for a month.
Sam: Ewwww, that's not good.
Me: Yeah, and he sounds really country...like, his accent is so bad, I could hear it.
Sam: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's pretty bad.

Sam: So, that chic wants to go out tonight so she's going to her house to get an overnight bag and then meeting me back over here.
Me: What?
Sam: She's meeting me over here.
Me: You don't listen to a damn thing I tell you, do you?
Sam: What?
Me: You know what, for being a card-carrying member of Mensa, you sure do make some stupid decisions.
Sam: HAHAHAAHAHAHAH, there's my Mandyism for the day.

Sam: It's raining over here.
Me: (while driving) Yeah, it looks like I'm about to go into some bad weather.
Sam: Yeah, I'm watching the weather on the local news.
Me: Have they shown the minority kids playing in a ditch full of water yet?
Sam: Huh?
Me: Okay, it's raining, I have to go.

the text I received shortly there after...

Sam: There it is. Black kids playing in the water. Damn, you know your peeps.

And those are just the first couple that pop into my head. I could do a daily post on conversations between the two of us.

Until next time...

Mandy

Oh, sorry about the lack of posts lately...I'll try to be a better blogger in the future. :)

4 comments:

Mensa Boy said...

This is just downright awesome!!! Wait till you blog about "hhh y'all"

Janet said...

Anyone who's in Mensa is ok in my book! Looking forward to reading more of your conversations.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I love conversations like that.

Glad you have an awesome new friend!

Princess Pixybell said...

MANDY HELP, I can't seem to get your blog up and running, ARRG whats happening!!!