Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Well, at midnight I will officially be 31 years old. It's really quite strange...I look back over the past year and can't believe all the changes that I've been through. I mean, I turned 30, broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years, got arrested, got laid off, started a new job, made some new friends, and got back in contact with friends I had not been in contact with for years. Yep, it's been a pretty eventful year. When I started this blog, I had said that I wanted to accomplish three goals...

1. Lose Weight
2. Get more organized
3. Casual date

Well, as you know, I was well on my way to my 20lb goal by my birthday. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon. I fully intend to go back to WW and continue on my journey of weight loss. I don't think I've put all the weight back on that I took off, but some of it did come back, but I am not going to beat myself up over this. Right now, I'm running after the wagon and I believe I will jump back on it at the beginning of next week.

As for getting organized, that has not worked out as well as I had planned. I think I need help! If anyone can help me, please let me know. It's like I'll start and can't complete the task, and that really pisses me off. Do you ever want something and you get half-way through and can't figure out how to make it to the end. Well, that's how I feel about organiziing my life.

I will say the dating is going quite well. I have gone out with 4 different guys in a 3 months time. I think that is quite impressive. As you can probably guess, my favorite so far has been Hook-Up. He is probably the nicest guy I have ever been out with. Yesterday, when I came back from lunch, I had a dozen roses waiting for me at work with 4 balloons and the card attached to the flowers said...

"Birthdays are always better when there is a surprise. Well, I hope you were surprised!

Happy Early Brithday Single Girl

Can't wait to see you,
Hook-Up"

And if that wasn't enough, there was another envelope with the flowers, when I opened it up he had actually written a poem for me. Now I know you are probably thinking, "That sounds PRETTY cheesey!" But it's not. I've never had anyone do something like that for me. I'll even let you read the poem...

Time With You
Time with you feels like the excitement of opening a gift on Christmas
It's the feeling you get in your heart after watching a good love story
Time with you, brings a warm smile to my face
And a sense of calmness that has been lacking
Though I know not what the future holds,
And I know our moments have been few,
Still I look forward to more time with you.
If you find this cheesey in any way, please don't tell me. I would like to bask in the glow of someone thinking enough of me to write something like this.
So, Friday night I am going to Katy to celebrate my birthday with my first boyfriend from the 8th grade. Both of our birthdays are on the 8th and when we were younger we always celebrated together, so we decided to do it again this year! I'm really looking forward to it. Hook-Up is going to meet me out there! YAY!!!
Last year when I was all upset about turning 30, Driver looked at me and said, "You know Single Girl, 30 is the new 20." Since I have embarked on my third decade on Earth, I have realized I am much happier than I was in my 20's. It has made me realize that I should be happy with all that I have accomplished and not dwell on the goals I set for myself at 18. I have figured out that even though I don't look like I did at 20 or 21, I have more confidence in myself now than I ever did back then. Why do we cherish our 20's so much??? I make more money now, I drive a better vehicle now, I live in a better home now, people tell me I still look 27, and my boobs are still as perky as they were back then. My life is not so bad, it's actually pretty AWESOME!!!
Until next time...
Single Girl

3 comments:

d.g. said...

I think my mom was right ... I think our 30's are going to be good. I loathe actually turning the big 3-0, but I think that once I do, I'll get past that and embrace it.

I don't think the poem is cheesy at all ... not one bit! Chris has written poems about/for me and it is so incredibly romantic. And the flowers and balloons! Hook-up sounds like a great guy ... and I'm glad he's doing these things for you. You certainly deserve it!

Again ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Amanda said...

Oh shit!!! Have I been spelling "cheesey" wrong this whole time?!?!?!? Is there really not an e after the s?

Rice Spice said...

First off...
***HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SINGLE GIRL...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!***

I think it's great that Hookup is such a romantic. I'm glad he is showering you in all of that...you deserve it!

As for turning 30, I guess I've never had a problem with it. I guess I'm just weird that way. I use it as an excuse to throw another badass party...ha! Are you ladies going to be able to swing a visit to Galveston at the end of the month? Send me your email addresses at missjacklyn-at-gmail-dot-com so I can send you details!